Do you remember the Airbnb Facebook campaign which forever changed its company outlook?
The campaign ran from June 23-July 27, 2017 and reached a massive 238 million people worldwide.
Three times the increase in return on ad spend compared to what they had before. Even the company had 47% lower cost per acquisition.
With 2.37 billion daily active users, Facebook is the biggest single social media community on which you can promote your business and reach prospective customers.
It is not a single platform, they offer a family of apps and services like Instagram, Messenger and Audience Network.
If you run advertising campaigns on Facebook, you can create a targeted campaign to reach audiences on Instagram, Facebook Messenger and beyond.
Unfortunately, many businesses are still unaware of the advantages of connecting with their customers on Facebook, and some still fear it due to their lack of understanding which we hope this blog can help with.
Facebook is one of the most cost-effective and efficient platforms for promoting and advertising a business.
Here we will discuss the features Facebook has for increasing business growth.
Your Facebook page is like an online identity for your business. Make sure you name your page with your business’s name and use descriptive keywords so your customers can easily find you.
Write a short but informative ‘about’ section to explain what your business does. For your profile picture, choose an image that features your business prominently. For your cover photo, pick something different yet still related, like the inside of your store, your products, or a current marketing campaign.
Most importantly, add a call-to-action to encourage your customers to get in touch with your business. This will help you interact with your customers online and serve them better offline.
Facebook Ads are one of the most efficient ways to increase your business growth and reach the maximum audience.
You can use the ad manager to create, manage ads, and track the performance of your ad campaigns.
With the carousel feature, you can show a maximum of 10 images in a single ad. This makes it easy for you as a seller to display more services, products, and information to your target customers.
While your creating or strategizing ads, keep these few things in mind:
· Choose an appropriate ad objective, such as website visits, app downloads or product sales.
· Next, select your target audience based on their demographics, interests, and behaviors.
· Set your ad campaign budget and duration.
· Pick the right ad format for your campaigns such as single image, video, or multi-image format.
· Once you finalize your ad campaign, it is sent to Facebook ad auction to make sure it coincides with all of the Facebook rules and guidelines.
· Finally, you can track performance and edit your campaign in Ads Manager.
Released in 2017, Facebook Stories offer a huge opportunity to share anything related to your business for 24 hours. It can be a product image, business news, or even an idea to share with your audience.
Having a visual means of communicating, such as with photos and videos, makes it convenient for your business to deliver an exact message to your target customers for 24 hours.
When planning a story, keep these few things in mind:
- Create a storyboard and plan out what you want to show your audience.
- Stories are a great way to share tips and how-to tutorials.
- Make your story visually appealing.
- Start with just one story per day.
This is another amazing and quick way to connect with your audience and give them a real-time experience of your brand.
In 2018, beauty brand Sephora hosted a live Q&A session with Jen Atkin of Ouai Haircare and Christophe Robin Paris which became a huge success. A live interaction answering followers’ questions immediately had more than 89K views.
Facebook Events is an outstanding marketing tool which you can use to promote an actual event.
Events on Facebook are calendar-based, which allow you to notify your customers about upcoming promotions.
Any person or organization can create the event and invite their friends, group members, or fans of a page.
What makes it amazing is that it’s easy to use and offers many benefits that word of mouth or direct mail marketing fails to do. You can easily sell tickets to the event and track the attendance metrics.
Facebook Marketing Partners:
Facebook Marketing partners have certified tech companies and agencies which are vetted by Facebook for their excellence in helping advertisers get the best results out of their campaigns.
The best example of this is American Family Insurance which used a mobile-optimized campaign to boost brand metrics and achieved a 12.8-point lift in favorability.
Let’s have a look at the top 5 benefits you can gain from these Facebook features:
- Huge exposure on a worldwide scale: Facebook offers many stages for marketing like pages, groups, and ads. You can promote activities and interact through discussion threads. One of the most popular examples of huge exposure from Facebook is the “Dove Real Beauty Sketches” campaign in 2013. The campaign was shared over 6,30,000 times globally on Facebook in the first 10 days of its launch.
- Save Money: A Facebook page remains free to set up which makes it easy for you to connect with your loyal customers in a great low-cost marketing strategy.
- Build Long-term Relationship: Facebook pages, stories, and live videos are a great way to engage with your customer base. It offers you the space to create a more long-term interactive platform where you engage your customer base and grow sales.
- Drive Revenue: If your business is related to selling a product, then Facebook can grow exposure and expand client reach. A Dallas based clothing company Two Blind Brothers increased their sales by using Facebook video ads and raised $100,000 for research to help cure blindness.
- Offer a Holistic Vision of Your Business: No matter how amazing and informative your website is, a Facebook page gives your customers a complete view of your business including your operating hours, policies, services, and brand ethos. Facebook has the built-in benefit of using a format where users can easily access the history of your page in the timeline. They can see all your activities and posts to understand your business in detail.
- Effective Channel of Interaction: If you wish for simple engagement with customers, then Facebook offers an easy way to pin posts to the top of your timeline. Sometimes, customers visit your Facebook page looking for some information or show interest in knowing about your company. A pinned post serves many needs like inquiries to real-time issues or purchasing queries. This helps you develop a focused channel of interaction for your customers’ convenience.
Facebook marketing can be a winning situation for any business. The sooner you start interacting with your Facebook audience, the better your business will be for it.
For a free Digital Marketing consultation on how to grow your business, contact us at FlinnWest Solutions today.