Welcome to the first blog in our Beginner’s Guide series!
We understand that some marketing terms may be confusing. Wrapping your head around jargon can overwhelm even the most savvy business owner.
At Flinnwest we value transparency and clarity, so we’d like to help you get better acquainted with some of this industry-specific lingo!
Today’s topic: CRM Software.
What in the world is a CRM?
Customer Relationship Management, or CRM systems are powerful tools that help us do what we do best, and can help you do the same!
A CRM gathers and organizes customer data from different communication avenues (email, social media, phone calls, live chat, and your website).
When used properly, a CRM allows you to manage and analyze customer data to increase sales, retain customers, and improve your customer service.
Why do businesses use CRMs?
Simply put, a CRM helps your business manage relationships with your current and prospective customers, allowing you to work smarter, not harder, organizing workflow and getting more done!
Centralizing data makes interpreting it much easier by offering better analytics.
Having a clear understanding of your customers’ needs makes connecting with and retaining them a piece of cake. When you have the ability to predict what they want you are better equipped to offer it!
How do I know if MY business needs a CRM?
Some things to consider:
- What are your business goals?
- How are you currently tracking your leads, and completed sales?
- What are the negative aspects of your current process, and what do you need to improve it?
- Is your current sales data reliable and accurate?
- What would happen if one of your staff members left the job and you couldn’t find vital information about their customers?
A CRM keeps all of your customer data in one place, you will never have to track down a customer’s phone number, make sure the latest sale was entered, or search through a sea of emails to find the most up-to-date information about your customers; your CRM puts it all right at your fingertips!
Which CRM is right for my business?
By now you should have a better understanding of CRM systems and how having one can help to bridge the gaps in your customer journey. If you’re still unsure, here are just a few of the ways the right CRM can help your company:
- Engaging, ongoing communication to your audience by serving helpful and personalized content.
- Automate processes to perform tasks for you based on your customers interactions.
- Triggered emails or internal notifications to coordinate with pertinent customer behaviour.
- Not just for efficiency! A valuable tool to shed light on where your prospects are in the buyer’s journey, what content they’ve consumed, and what web pages they’ve interacted with.
Elimination of Spreadsheets and working through old emails.
- All client activity is housed in one place
- Can deal with payment, follow up and updating client info
- Keeps all email information (sent/received)
Maintenance of leads
- Highly personalized communications sent to leads automatically
- Gives you the opportunity to be the first to respond to potential leads, developing a positive client relationship
Connecting to your clients through organization
- Keeps all client information organized and in one place
- Has a record of your history with clients; quotes, payments, conversations and notes
- Shows clients you value their personal information by storing it securely and never having to ask for it twice
- Keep track of relevant client info
- Anticipate your client’s needs
- Use your time to focus on customer service as all other details are taken care of
Organizing contacts in a detailed manner
- Having all your contacts in one place aids in organization
- Segmentation tools help to market to the right people without overwhelming others
- Speaks to specific clients based on their behavior and shared traits
- Organize by purchase history, campaign activity, and many more options
Gaining insights into your customers
- Reports on behavior will help you to see patterns; what does and doesn’t work
- Contact profiles are a way to see into the behavior of your clients in detail
- Add notes and tags on each customer to keep information accessible
Giving your customers a personalized experience
- Speak to individual clients across many marketing channels
- Build a personalized experience for each client
- Behavioral targeting turns people’s actions into personalized marketing
Whatever your company’s needs, the right CRM can help you increase your sales exponentially, while saving you time, energy, and money!
Phew! I’m ready—where do I sign up?
We can help you set up your CRM! We’ll work with you to choose the CRM that best meets your specific requirements and help you build your customized sales pipeline. Get in touch today!
If you found this blog helpful, keep an eye out for more of our Beginner’s Guide blog series!